From Apples to Oranges – i9 Sports Expands in Orange County
Jim DiCaprio always envisioned moving his family from New York back to his roots in Florida. After researching multiple options, Jim found this opportunity with the i9 Sports franchise.
He had been seeking a business that would allow him flexibility and provide him with the opportunity to work closely with his family. When asked what he was most excited about in regards to starting his own business, Jim explained, “the ability to control my future and to impact the lives and memories of many children and families while doing something I love.”
Jim comes to i9 Sports with an Executive Management background. He didn’t start there though; he worked his way up from entry level and progressed his way up through the years. With hard work and perseverance Jim proves he is fit to be successful and provide the i9 Sports Experience. This experience includes:
- Same day practices and games, one day a week – great for working parents because it cuts down on driving, fuel costs, and interruptions to family life and school work.
- An emphasis on fun – i9 Sports encourages healthy competition and keeps the focus on the #1 reason kids play sports – to have FUN – instead of the “win at all costs” culture of other leagues.
- No fundraising or mandatory volunteering – tournament travel, coach and referee fees, trophy expenses, fundraising or parent volunteering required.
- Safety first – i9 Sports leads the way in education of coaches, officials, and parents on the importance of safe play. In addition to being the first national league to implement a “when in doubt, sit ‘em out” policy, the league offers no-contact flag football and has banned heading from soccer to greatly reduce the risk of concussions.
- Parental Pledge and Sportsmanship – Parents sign a pledge to be a model of good sportsmanship. After each game, a child earns a sportsmanship award for showing great conduct with teammates and opponents.
Jim is excited to bring the nation’s first and largest youth sports league franchise to Central Florida by offering spring flag football and soccer for boys and girls ages 3 – 14. He and his family are thrilled about the future and look forward to a great season!