i9 Sports® Average Franchisee Sales Up by 58%; Number of Units Up by 21%
The nation’s leading youth sports league franchise, i9 Sports®, enjoyed explosive growth in 2021, with average franchisee revenue jumping by 58% over pre-pandemic numbers, and the number of new territories increasing by 21%.*
The brand’s performance is outlined in its recently released Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD).
The growth reflects:
- Significant tailwinds created by families eager to get their kids active and social after COVID-related disruptions
- The business maturation of existing franchisees who have been able to combine new customers with repeat business to scale up their operations
- Newcomers who have embraced the i9 Sports business model playbook to grow their new businesses rapidly
“We make sure kids and parents have a great experience so they will fall in love with sports, stay in love with sports, and keep playing,” says i9 Sports President Brian Sanders.
Leading youth sports league franchise has huge momentum
i9 Sports stands out in many ways:
- Very low overhead with minimal paid staff and no need for your own facility, which keeps your fixed costs low
- Expanding is as simple as securing additional venues and hiring a few part-time staff members
- Multiple sports — soccer, flag football, baseball, basketball, volleyball, and lacrosse — create multiple opportunities to serve customers, which increases retention
- Leagues serve kids ages 3 to 14, which means happy customers will stay with you for years
- Customers tend to bring friends and siblings into your league, which helps you grow
- A support infrastructure to help you grow the business and maximize ROI, including proprietary league management technology as well as marketing professionals and business coaches dedicated to helping you grow the business
Get your free business model ebook
See if i9 Sports is the right choice for you. You can download the Business Model eBook to learn more about the youth sports industry, how i9 Sports stands out from competitors, what it takes for franchisees to succeed, additional financial performance details, and much more.
*Revenue averages represent the average revenue from all units that were open and operating for more than 12 months as of 12/31/21, averaged three or more venues over four seasons, and that offered an average of four or more sports in that period. For details about which franchisees were included in the averages, please see the Franchise Disclosure Document.