Brian Paro was ready for a change from the 9 to 5 gig to being his own boss. After being in Washington D.C. for the last 5 years Brian has picked up and moved back to his hometown of Minneapolis to start his own business. America’s first and fastest youth sports league is underway in Minneapolis, opening with spring sports programs, including flag football and soccer.
“I wanted to be part of a career more personally fulfilling and enriching, and have the ability to contribute to the well being of the parents, children and families of the communities around me,” explained Brian. Brian came from a business development background. His past experience working directly for clients and respecting their needs will translate to valuing the needs and desires of parents.
Brian is ready to hit the ground running by providing excellent customer service and the i9 Sports Experience. This experience includes:
- Same day practices and games, one day a week – great for working parents because it cuts down on driving, fuel costs, and interruptions to family life and school work.
- An emphasis on fun – i9 Sports encourages healthy competition and keeps the focus on the #1 reason kids play sports – to have fun – instead of the “win at all costs” culture of other leagues
- No fundraising or mandatory volunteering. No tournament travel, coach and referee fees, trophy expenses, fundraising or parent volunteering required.
- Safety first – i9 Sports leads the way in education of coaches, officials, and parents on the importance of safe play. In addition to being the first national league to implements a “when in doubt, sit ‘em out” policy, the league offers no-contact flag football and has banned heading from soccer to greatly reduce the risk of concussions.
- Parental Pledge and Sportsmanship – Parents sign a pledge to be a model of good sportsmanship. After each game, a child earns a sportsmanship award for showing great conduct with teammates and opponents.
“I’m excited about the different directions the business can take and the experiences that it will lead,” says Brian.
For more information or to register for the upcoming season, please visit www.i9sports.com or call 612-804-4125.