Among snorkeling, parasailing, sandy beaches and dolphin watching in the Emerald Coast, now you can partake in i9 Sports. New franchisee, Tim Billings is excited to bring the Nation’s first and largest youth sports league to Florida’s Emerald Coast. Tim is offering spring flag football and soccer for boys and girls ages 3 – 14.
A father of four, Tim is passionate about impacting children in a positive way, through youth sports. “The ultimate decision to purchase an i9 Sports franchise was the business model and mission,” he explained. The i9 Sports mission is to help kids succeed in life through sports and we are able to do this through the i9 Sports Experience. This experience includes:
- Same day practices and games, one day a week – great for working parents because it cuts down on driving, fuel costs, and interruptions to family life and school work.
- An emphasis on fun – i9 Sports encourages healthy competition and keeps the focus on the #1 reason kids play sports – to have FUN – instead of the “win at all costs” culture of other leagues.
- No fundraising or mandatory volunteering – tournament travel, coach and referee fees, trophy expenses, fundraising or parent volunteering required.
- Safety first – i9 Sports leads the way in education of coaches, officials, and parents on the importance of safe play. In addition to being the first national league to implement a “when in doubt, sit ‘em out” policy, the league offers no-contact flag football and has banned heading from soccer to greatly reduce the risk of concussions.
- Parental Pledge and Sportsmanship – Parents sign a pledge to be a model of good sportsmanship. After each game, a child earns a sportsmanship award for showing great conduct with teammates and opponents.
Tim is excited about the future of i9 Sports in Northern Florida and looks forward to a great season!