i9 Sports® is a Scalable Home-Based Business Rooted in the Community
If you travel for work, you know how frustrating it can be to constantly be on the road or in the air. Many frequent business travelers miss coming home in the evening to eat dinner, play with their kids, visit with friends, and attend events like games, concerts, and recitals.
The pay can be great. But the costs can be too much.
If you are considering a new path, we’re glad you’re here. Many i9 Sports franchisees have traded corporate careers for entrepreneurship — and for the opportunity to build a strong home-based business that is deeply rooted in the community.
A Quick Overview of the Business Model
i9 Sports owners operate youth sports leagues for children ages 3 to 14. We teach kids to play flag football, soccer, basketball, baseball, lacrosse, and volleyball. Customers love us because we make sure sports are fun for kids and convenient for parents.
We distinguish ourselves from other leagues through:
- Technology that makes it simple for franchisees to deliver a superior customer experience.
- Same-day practice and games, which makes it easier for busy families — and volunteer coaches — to participate.
- Our variety of offerings, which encourages children to sample different sports and discover what they love.
- Our focus on sportsmanship and participation. Too many leagues are so focused on competition that they create pressure-cooker environments that choke the joy out of games. We believe in healthy competition. We believe even more in the value of joyful play.
These aspects of the business model also make for a great ownership experience:
- Technology saves you time and makes the business easier to manage and grow.
- Same-day practice and games simplifies your schedule and gives you flexibility.
- By offering a variety of sports, you also create multiple revenue streams and keep happy customers enrolled year-round.
- Our focus on sportsmanship reduces the drama that plagues other leagues and fosters a happy environment, which leads to repeat business and referrals.
Impact Your Community
For business travelers who would love to deepen their roots in the community, i9 Sports is a great option. This is not a “stand behind the counter” type of business.
i9 Sports owners must reach out to the community to find families who want to register. You’ll need to be active in the community and market your business. We provide a marketing game plan and business coach to guide your efforts. This can be as simple as talking to families in your neighborhood, partnering with local schools, and posting signs. Or it can involve forming partnerships with other businesses and community organizations (and we can help you do that!).
For example, Toshia and Roger Lawless have an i9 Sports franchise in the Boise/Meridian (Idaho) area, and they have sought community and business partnerships. Toshia has represented her i9 Sports business for the city of Meridian at community fun runs and other events.
She partnered with the owner of the local Chick-fil-A, whose son has played in the Lawless’ i9 Sports programs, and hosted a registration event at Fleet Feet Sports Meridian.
“I like being able to meet with people in the community and be involved in the community more,” she says. “It’s a pleasant work environment because I’m providing the community something they’re looking for and something they find value in.”
i9 Sports is one of the nation’s first and largest youth sports league businesses. We offer flag football, soccer, baseball, lacrosse, basketball, and volleyball to children between the ages of 3 and 14.
We’ll help you start and grow your own business. To learn more about the opportunities with i9 Sports, fill out the form on this page to download our free franchise report.